College Internship – Blue Street Capital Eastern Office
Headquartered in Huntington Beach California, Blue Street Capital has a scenic location in the heart of Orange County. In todays booming technology industry, experience is now more important than ever. Blue Street Capital is looking to provide qualified applicants the chance to work alongside our sales team in a Finance and Business Development focused internship. This internship is for Business and Finance Majors interested in earning school credit and having the opportunity to gain resume worthy experience.
Blue Street Capital is a technology focused lending company with a focus on supporting Information Technology vendors: resellers, service providers and manufactures. We are gaining a lot of buzz in the industry as the only finance firm in our space to operate its entire business on a 5 hour workday. We have created a “work hard, play hard” culture that results in better productivity overall and happier employees. Our full time employees enjoy a 25-hour work week at regular pay and 5 weeks of paid vacation per year.
This Finance and Business Development Focused Internship is designed to give students interested in pursuing a career in business a taste of what this culture is like. It will also provide invaluable experience in technology finance industry – giving them a head-start on business school and (or) the workforce.
What you will learn:
- How to read financial reports, payment history reports and how to summarize the information.
- Understanding of the relationship between IT manufacturers, distributors, and re-sellers.
- How to use Salesforce CRM (Customer Resource Management), DNB (Dunn and Bradstreet) reporting tools, and other industry specific systems.
- How to maximize efficiency in a short timeframe, contributing to a better work-life balance.
- Develop the ability to work in a team environment, contributing to growth.
What you will be responsible for:
- Running reports, analyzing data, and providing summaries.
- Supporting the Huntington Beach office with sales and marketing initiatives.
- Using social media to vet prospective partners and end user clients.
- You will assist in drafting quotes, formal proposals and credit write-ups.
What you will accomplish by participating in the college internship program:
- Provide resume worthy experience applicable to a career in Business, Finance or Technology.
- Knowledge that you cannot learn in a classroom that will give you a head start in the business world.
- You will have fun working and learning alongside an experienced group of professionals that truly love coming to work every day.